The school was reviewed in September and we are extremely proud to announce that we have been successful in retaining our Autism Accreditation award.
To gain Autism Accreditation the school must meet the following criteria (with evidence shown) for each of the 15 core and 12 specialist (residential schools) standards.
• The service has a specialised knowledge and understanding of autism spectrum disorders.
• The knowledge and understanding of autism spectrum disorders consistently informs the organisation, resources and management of the service.
• The knowledge and understanding of autism spectrum disorders consistently informs the individual assessment and planning for all people with autism.
• The knowledge and understanding of autism spectrum disorders consistently results in positive outcomes for all people with autism.
The Accreditation team highlighted the following 3 areas as ones which the school “should celebrate”:
• The excellent staff, pupil, family relations that are in place.
• The fact that the school is truly pupil centred.
• The great range of work experience opportunities.